10 January 2012

painted faces

Photobucket
Photobucket

One way to wile away the school holidays! Pop on a painted face and they amuse themselves for a good while, especially if one is a cat and one is a dog and they chase each other as nature intended. I've found Snazaroo paints very good (made to cosmetic grade), and there are plenty of face-painting books at the library. It's easier than it looks, and it's fun too. Audrey sits still but not for too long so I keep the face simple. Lucy is a little more patient and likes a more detailed face. Once you've done a few faces and know a few techniques you can easily make your own up.

Photobucket
Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Oh, they are adorable!

    I cannot imagine how you come up with different things to do over the school holidays. I struggle just to come up with a different meal to cook each night.

    I like Lucy's jammies. Good Mooorning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my,A's pants are the cutest,did you make them?

    happy new year,wishing you well with the renovations,

    xxx
    Natasha

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Belinda - the nightly meal, yes. Oh how I love it when I get dinner cooked for me...

    Natasha - yes I did make Audrey's pants. The fabric is true vintage (I was told the unused fabric came with a receipt of about 1971 I recall - crazy!). They are her favourite pair. I hoped to do so much more for the shop before the renovation but there's just no time now. I hope you and your beautiful brood are well and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is soooo cute! Great job on the face painting. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how adorable. They look like they enjoyed themselves.

    ReplyDelete
  6. leon is obsessed with face-painting (ever since halloween), and requests a face almost every weekend. he also loves makeup and sparkly barrettes.

    your face painting skills far outstrip mine, though. my hands are too shaky, but leon is very very patient...

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for your message!