23 June 2011

pint sized fashion

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am a keeper of scraps. If I like a fabric then anything bigger than a certain size I throw it in my doll-making box of remnants. I've never made a doll, but I might, ok. Or a little stuffed toy. I especially like keeping all the lovely wool offcuts, which could always be used for stuffing if nothing else. It seems such a waste to throw them out, and not very green at all.

Audrey has taken to this small plastic doll my sister's grandmother-in-law once owned, and I decided it really needed something warm this Winter after seeing her carrying it round stark naked the past few days. It's a rather pretty little doll (some are very scary-looking, any mother will attest to this), so I can see she does this basic outfit some justice. And how quick is it to sew a doll-outfit of this style. I reckon the pants, jersey and hat were sewn in under 15 minutes (I free-cut the patterns). Audrey was very happy with the outfit, but she drew the line at the pom-pom hat, which I personally thought was quite dashing. A bit ski-bunny. Maybe it's just not cold enough yet.

4 comments:

  1. Ah brilliant. Wish the barbie collection could look this cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the cutest barbie ever!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The outfit is adorable. She does have a sweet face, rather baby like. Your post reminded me of how I used to love to sew clothes for my (not very PC) Barbie Doll when I was a little girl. They were definitely not as cool as that though!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely outfit for a doll! I too enjoy making clothes for my daughter's dolls. I agree with you there are some scary looking dolls out there…

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for your message!