26 January 2010

flowergirl


The reason I am making Lucy's flowergirl dress, and not a dress for me is because my search is O.V.E.R. I found one that I could not bear to leave in the shop a moment longer! Hurrah! Though I'm afraid I can't share it here as it is to be a surprise for all. All I will say is that it is a Collette Dinnigan gown, and I promise to share photos in April.

What I can share here is a flowergirl dress I made for Lucy. I figured I might make more than one, to try different styles out but I'm actually happy with how this turned out. And I made the inside as pretty as the outside, which does matter. It's sewn in an off-white dupion silk, with a couple of hand cut flowers on the bodice. All up I would say there is close to 6m of fabric in this size 3 dress! The pretty tassel-front leather sandals are from Country Road, a sale bargain at around NZ$35 (and even cheaper now!). They hands-down beat a pair of Colors of California sandals I saw recently, seemingly identical in quality, selling for NZ$160.






18 comments:

  1. Aw! How cute! I love how whimsical the dress is, and i want those shoes! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is a stunning dress! Wouldn't mind wearing it myself if I could fit in! haha..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! What a little beauty:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you found a dress! And Lucy looks darling wearing her new dress and sandals!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, gorgeous dress !! i too would wear the grown up version of this dress, totally whimsical and pretty.
    oh what torture to wait 'till april to see this dress you just couldn't leave without!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous dress! Love the flowers and the sweet billowy skirt. So glad you found something perfect for yourself, look forward to seeing pics in April!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a beautiful little dress! I made my daughter a flower girl dress a couple years ago, and it was NOT that lovely on the inside at all! Nice work! I'm glad you found a dress for yourself, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. very beautifully done. Can't wait to see your dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. that dress is gorgeous. and I can't wait to see yours! I'm glad you found one that you are happy with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lucy's dress is amazing! Perfectly flowergirl. And I cannot wait to see *the* dress. I'm certain that it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. lucy's dress is AMAZING! amelia's also one of my flower girls in my wedding... and she was not even one at the time... and you know what i also wore collette dinnigan at my wedding as an evening dress!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is beautiful! I can't wait to see your dress. I love weddings. By the way, where did get that cute necklace that Lucy wears and is holding in the pictures?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely Lucy as always & can't wait to see you wedding dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I cannot believe there is 6 metres of fabric in this frock! There must have been lots of gathering action going on!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thankyou everyone for your sweet comments. Bella, the necklace is actually an amber teething necklace Lucy got when she was about 6 months old. It still looks as good as they day she got it, and it fits me too (and actually doesn't look too bad on). You can buy them pretty much anywhere now - I'm not sure if quality varies, someone else may know? though I wouldn't go cheap, just for the safety aspect.

    ReplyDelete
  16. well done, gorgeous job! can't wait to see your dress too as I don't think you can go wrong with collete dinnigan!

    Corrie:)

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for your message!