13 November 2009

handmade week

I've had a few days this week where I've been (almost) head to toe in handmade clothes. The skirt I have on here is the same as the denim one I made a month or two back. I find the shape just works really well for me (i.e. very easy to wear for many activities). Since my weight is a bit on the light side for the size skirt I made myself (I dropped to a horrid 46kgs thanks to a 24 hr bug last week) it will be interesting to see what it looks like when I've put the weight back on. I made this stripe top for my sister also (we both do love the stripes), and one can never have too many basics.


And Lucy is wearing a new dress I've dubbed 'Maeve', as if I were to have a girl today I would most likely call her Maeve (Brendan might have other thoughts though). My 'name' (though not sure at all why I seem to have one on standby) seems to change every few months, though I always seem to prefer one and two syllable names, something simple. Except for my short consideration of Valentina when I was pregnant with Lucy (before Karen Walker called her baby girl by this name), and a lovely customer's daughter named Emmeline.



the unfinished dress photographed the day before - the wind was working the circle skirt to full potential (and I think it looks much better worn on its own)



5 comments:

  1. Emmeline says thank you!

    I too, will think of names. Or I think back to some of the names we considered and think "really? I would have called my child that?" I think Maeve is a gorgeous name, maybe next time?!?!

    Love the stripes, and that dress is just perfect.

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear you were sick catherine. you look smashing as always though, like a model :)
    the maeve dress is great, i love it. would be so pretty in velvet too..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maeve was high on my list this last pregnancy, but my husband vetoed it. We ended up with Margot, which I love, but I still like Maeve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely little dress!
    maeve was in our top 5 if alden turned out to be a girl. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. lucy looks adorable in her dress for all seasons!

    i was going to say last week that i'm 2 inches shorter than you and a good 20lbs heavier. you are really a wisp of a thing right now! i'm sorry to hear that you've been ill. i agree, the lean do not have much to fall back on when sickness strikes. maybe my mom can send you some of her super-food protein powder shakes. they apparently are doing a terrific job of keeping me heavier than i've ever been.

    ReplyDelete

Hello, and thanks for your message!