28 May 2008

Fluffies - What do you call them?

Kelly, a reader based in Melbourne, posted a comment the other day remarking on the term we use for what is basically fluffed milk for kids at cafes - a 'fluffy'.

In Melbourne, I am told, they are called Babycinos. Would anyone else like to contribute - say from LA, NY, Italy, France...? Please share!

14 May 2008

Big Kid

Reminiscent of the Marc Jacobs ones I saw Dakota Fanning wearing a lot. I would wear these in my size (what does that say about me...).

Morgan and Milo sparkle mary janes, US$38

9 May 2008


We moved into our new house last August, and ever since we have been meaning to buy new furniture that is more in keeping with the house and our style. The lot we have has been accumulated over the years and some of it really has to go!

Alas sewing has put the furniture search on the back burner, so after the current lot of custom orders are out I plan to put time into doing just that. I did spy this chandelier in the latest Elle Decoration. I believe it's been around for a while now, but I think it's stunning. Understated, almost industial, cool.

However I do not think we will be getting one; they're priced at just under US$2,500. A snip for some, I guess.

P.S. Still sewing!